Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm Back!

Things have finally slowed down a bit and I'm back for a post!

We are now much more settled into the house (although we still have a very long way to go) and are getting back to life as normal. except now we're in an awesome house :)

I haven't crafted much...the craft room is still in progress and actually a huge mess right now! I did a couple of projects last week that I'll post next.


My birthday was April 28th, our second day in the house. My grandmother and mom came into town to help us move and brought with them birthday goodies! It was truly a craft filled birthday.


First our Housewarming gift from Mom. She's a basket making queen and I love it! She didn't want me to take a picture since she didn't get a bow on this one. She worked a crazy schedule, then drove 3.5 hours to help me move on her days off. I think she's forgiven :) I love how all the items always stick to the basket 'theme'



We did a ton of cleaning and moving on my birthday, but that night we washed up went to dinner at Outback (mark and I's fave!), then came home and opened presents.

First I opened Mom's......



Hooray a gocco!!



This is granny pointing out that everything is in japanese :)


Then it was granny gift time...a sewing machine!


Along with a little sewing bag filled with sewing goodies...



And buttons!!!


Also while we were shopping earlier that day, Mark & I found the ice cream sandwich molds I've been wanting! They're out with the summer stuff and were only $4 I think. :) Get em while they're hot! I haven't used them just yet, but I'll post once I do.

All in all it was a wonderful birthday!! I'm super excited to try all the new stuff out!

2 comments:

Moni said...

How fun! What's the gocco thing? And a sewing machine! Can't wait to see your new crafts! Where did you find the sandwich molds?

Lauren said...

moni, the gocco is sort of like screen printing. i'll probably make notecards and whatnot with it

found the sandwich molds at walmart!