Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend projects

I finally got around to finishing up a few projects this weekend.


Magnets.
I made some of these a few months ago and decided to do some more this morning. Using only my latest Victoria Secret catalog, glue, flat back marbles and magnets I made these cute little ones....



I have to admit it was a tad weird once I realized that I was cutting various body parts for my little magnets, but a pattern is a pattern! Here's the mess after cutting :)



Mark finished off his coffee this morning, so I quickly snagged the tin. I thought this looked pretty cool


These are unbelievably easy to make. Visit not martha for great directions.

I love her idea to package them in Altoid tins!



Frame.


I got a simple wooden frame, some Navy blue acrylic paint, and a small pack of birch buttons all from Micheal's. I painted the frame and spray painted the buttons white. Hot glued those on and viola! Total cost was around $4 with paint and buttons left over. I framed a pretty piece of scrapbooking paper...I can't tell you the last time I had photos actually printed! (bad lauren..)

I'm not sure where I'll use this or how I feel about it now that it's finished. Thoughts?

3 comments:

sherbieface said...

Would it be weird if I offered to pay you to make me fun magnets and send them to me?

Lauren said...

umm..yes! you know i want a craft business :)

Moni said...

I LOVE your blog!! I just found it on D&R! I want to make those magnets! What supplies do you need?